Information we Collect
We collect the following information from you:
- Contact information such as name, email address, mailing address, and phone number;
- Financial information such as, bank statements, credit card statements, your average bank balance, personal and business credit history, payment behaviour, bank account information, and tax ID number;
- Social Security Number/Social Insurance Number (Canada);
- Unique identifiers such as user name and password, and IP address; and
- Business information including company name, company size, and business type.
We may also conduct a site visit to collect information. We supplement the data you provide with your credit score obtained from the three credit bureaus. Once you are a Next Phase Funding customer, we may reach out to you for information again if you decide to renew your loan.
Use of Information
We use the information we collect to:
- Compile, save, use and analyze your Personal Information in both a personally-identifiable form and an aggregated, non-personally identifiable form;
- Operate, maintain, improve, and provide to you the Service and to conduct our business;
- Verify your identity;
- Register you as a user and identify you when you sign in to your account;
- Determine whether or not you qualify for one of our loan products;
- Process your account, including deducting automatic payments;
- Communicate with you to send order confirmations, respond to customer service requests, send marketing communications, and send account update notifications; and
- Post and review your comments on our blog.
Privacy and Sharing of Information
We will provide your Personal Information to our trusted business partners and service providers to provide services to help us with our business activities, such as offering customer service or processing credit checks. These companies are authorized to use your Personal Information only as necessary to provide these services to us. We will share your basic information (name, company name, phone number, email address and requested loan amount) with one of our business partners if we are unable to provide you with a loan. If you do not want us to share your Personal Information with these business partners, please contact us by email or by postal mail at the contact information listed below.
We may also disclose your Personal Information:
- As required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process, including in a bankruptcy proceeding;
- When we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a request from a governmental entity;
- If Next Phase Funding is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or substantially all of its assets or equity, in which case, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Website of any change in ownership or uses of your Personal Information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your Personal Information; and
- To any other third party with your prior consent to do so.
User Access and Choice
If your Personal Information changes, or if you no longer desire our Service, you may correct, update, amend, delete/remove, ask to have it removed from a public forum or testimonial on our Website or deactivate it by emailing or calling our Customer Support team, or by contacting us by postal mail at the address on our website’s ‘CONTACT’ page.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as long as reasonably useful for commercial purposes. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Next Phase Funding and our business partners may contact you to offer you products and services that may of interest to you. Out of respect for your privacy, you may choose to stop receiving our newsletter or marketing emails, telephone solicitations or other forms of contact from Next Phase Funding and our trusted business partners by contacting us by phone, email, or mail.
Technologies such as cookies, beacons, tags and scripts are used by Next Phase Funding and our partners (for example, our marketing partners), affiliates, or analytics or service providers, including our live chat, marketing trackers, and survey tool service providers. These technologies are used in analyzing trends, administering the Website, tracking users’ movements around the Website and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies by these companies on an individual as well as aggregated basis.
As is true of most websites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information may include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data. We may combine this automatically collected log information with other information we collect about you. We do this to improve services we offer you and to improve marketing, analytics, and Website functionality.
Security of Information
Next Phase Funding takes the security of your information very seriously. Next Phase Funding protects your information using bank-level data security: 128 bit-encryption and a Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol. This creates an encrypted connection between your browser and our servers. When you enter Sensitive Personal Information (such as a credit card number) on our order forms, we encrypt the transmission of that information.
If you allow Next Phase Funding to see your banking information online rather than in paper form, it is on a read-only basis. We do not have access to change, edit, or modify bank account information in any way. Next Phase Funding employees cannot view your banking username and passwords, and we securely store them in separate encrypted areas with our financial services providers.
Links to 3rd Party Sites
Our Website offers publicly accessible blogs or community forums. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them. To request removal of your Personal Information from our blog or community forum, contact us by phone, email or by postal mail via the contact information listed below. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your Personal Information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
We display personal testimonials of satisfied customers on our Website in addition to other endorsements. With your consent, we may post your testimonial along with your name. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, you can contact us by phone, email or by postal mail at the address on our website’s ‘CONTACT’ page.
Social Media Widgets
Changes to this Policy
Security of Information
If you are contacting us to opt-out of marketing communications, you must include your full name and business mailing email addresses and account number. Once we locate your contact information based on the information you provide us, it will be removed from our databases and mailings lists.